Copper castings are non-ferrous metals that have a clos […]
Copper castings are non-ferrous metals that have a close relationship with human beings. They are widely used in electrical, light industry, machinery manufacturing, construction industry, defense industry and other fields. They are second only to aluminum in the consumption of non-ferrous metals in China.
Copper castings are the most widely used and the largest in the electrical and electronic industries, accounting for more than half of the total consumption. Used in the manufacture of various cables and wires, motors and transformers, switches and printed circuit boards. In the manufacture of machinery and transportation vehicles, it is used to manufacture industrial valves and accessories, instruments, sliding bearings, molds, heat exchangers and pumps.
It is widely used in the chemical industry to make vacuums, retorts, brewing pots, etc.
It is used in the defense industry to manufacture bullets, artillery shells, gun parts, etc. For each 3 million rounds produced, 13-14 tons of copper are required.
In the construction industry, it is used for various pipes, pipe fittings, decorative devices, etc.
Maintenance methods of copper castings:
1. The room where the copper crafts are kept must be kept dry, free from dust and air pollution, and the relative humidity should be below 50%.
2. All contamination must be removed before the utensils are put into the warehouse, preferably chemically protected. Do not use thick grease or oil on crafts. When you touch crafts, you must wear cotton gloves. Never use sweaty hands to touch them. Do not use oily paper or boxes for packaging.
3. To remove dust on copper crafts, use a soft woolen cloth, soft fur brush, soft fur duster, etc.
4. If you need to wash with water, you must use distilled water, you can also warm the distilled water, you can use neutral soap. Do not use ammonium hydroxide, acids, white powder, gauze, etc. If there is a large cleaning, it can be cleaned by professionals.
5. The original method for cleaning the copper casting crafts is to apply a layer of chemical protection agent or a layer of paraffin after heating. The modern method is to apply a layer of silicone seal to prevent harmful gases and moisture.
6. To prevent mechanical damage to the objects, do not place them on top of each other. Each piece of crafts is best placed in a brocade box.
7, often observe changes in copper crafts, once the symptoms of copper disease are found, they should be dealt with in a timely manner. The method can be washed with sodium sesquicarbonate (5% sodium carbonate + sodium bicarbonate) until no chloride ion is contained.
8. Copper cannot be put together with zinc, keep in mind when storing it.