Cast copper is a kind of zinc-copper alloy, which is us […]
Cast copper is a kind of zinc-copper alloy, which is used in life, such as cookware, jewelry, musical instruments (tube musical instruments) and home decoration products. If your house has a certain history, perhaps many door handles are made of brass.
Like many zinc-copper alloys, brass is also simply darkened. What is the best way to clean brass? First, you need to admit that your object is made of brass. Use a magnet to get close to it. If it is sucked, it must not be made of brass. Maybe it is only plated with brass. Excessive wear of anything will damage the coating.
If you have a darkened or dirty brass product that needs to be cleaned, what to do depends on whether it has been painted - for example, if it has been polished - perhaps not painted. Painted brass only needs to be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
It is a little hard to clean the unpainted brass. Although you are selling clean brass chemicals on the market, you may wish to try some of the natural ingredients mentioned below, most of which may be in your home.
1. Ketchup: A master of housekeeping who has been writing in the column "Heloise's Proposition" for more than 30 years, introduced this kitchen item. Spray a little tomato sauce onto a clean cloth and use it to darken the brass. Wipe clean with a damp cloth and wipe dry.
2. Panyu or Wenwen's Detergent: If your brass object is only dusty or dirty, not dimmed, immerse it in warm Panyu water and clean it with a soft cloth. The extraordinarily dirty area can be cleaned with a toothbrush.
3. Vinegar, salt and flour: These versatile kitchen items can be used to make pastes to clean darkened brass. Dissolve one teaspoon of salt in a half cup of vinegar and add the flour until it is a paste. Rub onto the brass. After 10 minutes, wash with warm water and dry.
4. Water: Heat a little water and add 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon white vinegar to make another natural preparation for polishing brass. Apply this preparation to brass and dry it with a clean cloth.
5. Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice cleans the brass and restores its luster. After treatment with lemon juice, wipe it with a damp cloth and wipe it dry.
When do you want to keep the darkened brass? If it's an antique, you can get a judge before cleaning. Copper odor may add value to your object. Perhaps, if you don't like the color of this surface, you can choose to remove it.
When you find that the object you think is brass is originally only plated with brass, are you desperate? Don't be discouraged, the copper-plated object is simpler and cleaner, and looks the same as the real brass object.